Do you remember what the billionaire Warren Buffet once said, “You’ll never be rich if you don’t find a way to make money while you’re sleeping.” If you are looking for a passive stream of income and you have got a knack for creating epic content, then affiliate marketing is the answer to all your questions!
Affiliate marketing is one of the most popular methods to make money online from your blogs and social media posts. It enables you to add a steady income stream to the monetization strategy of your blogs. In this affiliate marketing guide for beginners, we will put light on various important factors in affiliate marketing.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is a marketing tactic based on performance in which a retailer, typically an online one, rewards a website with a commission for each customer referred through the promotional activities of a website. The website is generally called an affiliate, will only get paid when their promotion results in a transaction.
How to Start Affiliate Marketing?
Firstly, you need to ensure that you are using the right blogging platform, and you are allowed to run affiliate marketing campaigns on your website.
Secondly, if you are on a self-hosted WordPress.org website, then you can add any affiliate link you want and efficiently manage your affiliate campaigns.
Affiliate Marketing For Beginners
While learning how to become an affiliate marketer, it is important to know from where to begin.
It is all too easy to get the cart before the horse, and that metaphor covers a variety of situations. Finding merchant partners, high commission affiliate programs, or affiliate marketing campaigns that pay well and are consistent requires a great deal of up-front work before you get in touch with a merchant.
So to help you construct your online audience and find the right affiliate marketing niche, here are 5 step checklists you can use that can help give you a solid foundation to kick-start your career as an affiliate marketer.
- Decide on a platformThis is the most basic step when it comes to the beginning as an affiliate marketer. However, it is much easier to build an audience and increase your affiliate sales through one of two channels such as a blog or YouTube channel.
Today, starting a blog is relatively easier and cheap. There are plenty of tutorials available online that teach you how to get started. The best part? It will hardly cost you a few dollars per month.
Once your website is ready, optimize it so that you have a better chance of ranking. From there, you can add affiliate links to your content and start promoting more.
- Choose your nicheSelecting your niche is one of the most crucial parts of starting your affiliate marketing efforts. One wrong step, the wrong niche will make it harder for you to sell, and the right niche will make it easier.
Every affiliate marketer has a niche that they have selected and in which they try to influence their audience. But if you are too greedy and try to speak and promote too many niches, you could risk overextending and making your efforts ineffective delivering you an overall loss.
- Find affiliate programs to joinThis depends on your niche and the level of your expertise.
If you are targeting consumers that is in your initial career as an affiliate marketer, you will likely go with the low commissions and higher sales volume model, it is one of the most popular models in affiliate marketing.
If you are going after a business audience, you will likely go for the high-paying and low-volume model. Some of the most popular programs here are for products related to software and web hosting.
However, if there is a product you would really like to promote without a public affiliate program, reach out to the brands and ask if they would be willing to build an affiliate relationship with you.
- Create great contentIf you want your affiliate website to be successful, you need to develop high-quality content where your affiliate links fit naturally.
- Drive traffic to your affiliate WebsiteYou have developed great content. The next step is to attract more audiences to read it, so they will click on your affiliate links and increase your sales.
Here are three traffic strategies to consider:
– Paid traffic
– Search engine optimization (SEO)
Go-to Affiliate Marketing Companies for your Moolahs
- CJ Affiliate
- Awin (ShareASale)