If you have spent any amount of time searching the internet in an attempt to find the best way to profit from your internet marketing attempts, odds are you have come across at least one site that claims that building the perfect mailing list is the answer to all your internet marketing woes.
While this process may seem as simple as getting a few visitors to your site to input their email address into your newsletter request form, you can’t create that list without getting the visitors to your site.
Here are some simple tips that can help you build the perfect mailing list so you can achieve all your marketing goals in a short amount of time.
First, build a relationship with your list. Once visitors finally start opting in to your mailing list, your first thought may be to send them multiple emails promoting the newest product or service that you have to offer.
While it is true that the key to big profits is the product you are offering, your potential customer probably signed up with your newsletter figuring that they will get more from you than just sales pitches.
The best way to build a strong following is to provide your subscribers with good content sprinkled with the occasional sales pitch. If you provide them with relevant information that they want to read, you have a better chance of getting referrals that will allow you to build the perfect mailing list.
Lastly, make sure you stay consistent with your emails. If you have ever signed up for a newsletter from another site, odds are you may have completely forgotten about it until you received an email from them six months after the fact.
Odds are you had completely forgotten that you had signed up for the newsletter and you probably opted out not long after. In order to prevent the same thing from happening to your mailing list, you will want to make sure you stay consistent with the frequency of emails you send out. If your site states you will send out a newsletter once a week make sure you hold true to that promise.
If you are unable to deliver on that promise, send your list a quick heads up to let them know the next edition is being worked on and will be in their inbox shortly. That way they know you haven’t forgotten about them, making it more likely they will stay a customer for life.
These are just a few of the tips that can help you build the perfect mailing list. Take the time to build a relationship with your list, and be consistent with your mailings, and you will be on your way to building the perfect mailing list that will make you profitable for years to come.
Resources Needed For A Mailing List
• Autoresponder – Software to collect leads and send out emails. I use Aweber.
• Landing Page – This is the page where you have your opt-in form so you can collect email addresses. Designing this page can be complicated. You need to have good copy writing skills, graphic design skills and marketing skills so the landing page will convert at a high level.
Not many people have all three skills so I use this service called Affiliate Funnels. Click Here To See It In Action and get your copy so you can have multiple high converting landing pages.
• Follow up email sequence – Writing emails that convert to affiliate commissions is difficult and take months or even years to master. I found this tool called Email Ramp, which is push-button software that creates proven-to-convert emails for you to send to your email list and generate sales
• Affiliate products to promote – You can products for many niches at Clickbank.com. If you are in the make money online niche that the best two are JVzoo and Warrior Plus. You can create a free account with all three sites.
• Traffic to send to landing page – Now that you have a high converting landing page and email sequence all set up now you need traffic. This task is very hard for a lot of people because they don’t have the budget to just go out and buy traffic. Besides even if you have the budget if you do not know what you are doing with paid traffic then you will probably lose your shirt.
Now free traffic involves you putting in your time instead of money. It can take a little longer to get a steady stream of traffic to your landing page but the good news is it did not cost you any money and the traffic is targeted.
Check out this free training on free traffic so you can cut the learning curve and get free traffic to your landing page fast so you can build your mailing list.